Timeless Practice #1
In the Priority Standards keynote, Larry presents both the rationale and the process for identifying those standards that require the greatest emphasis. In the one-day workshop, participants experience the Priority Standards process with one section of a targeted content area. Using the selection criteria, grade-level teams share out their initial choices with the large group and then together vertically align all selections, K-12.
WHAT WILL LARRY COVER?
In this interactive session, Larry will:
- Address the most compelling reasons why prioritizing the standards is needed
- Provide clear definitions of Priority Standards and supporting standards
- Present clear and objective criteria for prioritizing the standards in any content area
- Engage participants in a mini-prioritization exercise
- Preview a process for vertically aligning Priority Standards K-12
- Respond to the most frequently asked questions about Priority Standards
- Showcase Priority Standards as the foundational first step to quality curriculum and assessment design and related daily instruction.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- K-12 classroom educators
- Instructional specialists
- Curriculum and assessment coordinators
- School and district leaders
WHAT WILL YOU LEAVE WITH?
- First-draft selections of grade-specific Priority Standards in one section of targeted content area, vertically aligned, K-12
- Next steps action plan to complete prioritization and vertical alignment of remaining sections in targeted content area